About Our SchoolChild Safe
Winchelsea Primary School
Statement of Commitment to the Child Safe Standards
Our commitment to child safety
Winchelsea Primary School is committed to child safety.
- We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
- We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
- We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- Winchelsea Primary School is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.
- Winchelsea Primary School has robust human resources and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers.
- Winchelsea Primary School is committed to regularly training and educating our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
- We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. We are committed to the cultural safety of Indigenous children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- We have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.
For all families, who would like more information about the Child Safe Standards, please see the DET PROTECT advice