Winchelsea Primary School a bridge to life
school values|broad curriculum|specialist programs|Kitchen Garden|Innovative ICT|School choir
Our curriculum provides exciting and flexible learning programs designed to meet students’ individual needs supported by the following whole school approaches: Writers Workshop, CAFE Reading and an extensive Numeracy Program.
There is a strong commitment to improving our results in Literacy and Numeracy and developing an understanding of the world around us using the integration of ICT tools and resources across the curriculum.
Open Plan Learning
Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program
About our school.
Winchelsea Primary School is strongly committed to:
• developing all students as active participants in their learning
• assisting all students to reach their highest potential in intellectual, aesthetic, physical and behavioural endeavours
• delivering a broad, challenging developmental curriculum with programs and resources which enable quality education, high performance and pride in achievement
• promoting a code of positive student behaviour that is supported by the school community
• creating and promoting a sense of pride, value and respect for themselves and others within the school and wider community
• fostering harmonious and effective communication, collaboration and co-operation between staff, students, parents and the wider community
• Creating and promoting a school culture and environment that recognises the importance of student wellbeing
We provide exemplary, innovative ICT Programs and effectively use iPads, visualisers, digital and flip cameras, Smart TVs and interactive whiteboards to enhance teaching and learning from Prep-Year 6. We also have an individual Netbook Program for all students in Years 4-6.
At Winchelsea Primary School we have:
• A broad, differentiated curriculum to cater for all abilities and needs
• Specialist programs in Visual Arts, Performing Arts and Physical Education
• Language Support Programs
• Educationally focussed excursions and incursions
• Specialised sporting programs including swimming
• School choir
• A qualified Welfare Officer
• Access to instrumental lessons
• An excellent Afterschool Care Program, Kids Club and Breakfast Club
• Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Program
• Camping Program Years 3-6
At Winchelsea Primary School we are very proud of our Performing Arts facility, well-resourced Library, flexible learning spaces, spacious grounds including an oval, netball and basketball courts, full sized indoor multipurpose sports stadium and Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden.
At Winchelsea Primary we promote our school values of ‘Be Kind, Be Safe, Learn Well’ supported by ‘You Can Do It’, ‘Tribes’ and Restorative Practices approaches. Our school values strong partnerships between students, staff, parents and the community and we pride ourselves on the personalised education we provide our students.
Strong Literacy Program
Summer Swimming Program
Kitchen Garden Program
Contact Winchelsea Primary School
Diversity in Development
Students have opportunities across a wide range of activities and subjects.